What is the Gridiron NSW?
Gridiron NSW is the peak body for the administration of American Football (Gridiron) in the state of NSW.
Gridiron NSW is a member of Gridiron Australia, the government recognised national body of American Football in Australia.
The Objectives of Gridiron NSW
- administer, regulate, promote and market the sport of Gridiron in NSW.
- obtain and maintain official recognition of the sport of Gridiron by the State government.
- administer competition in the categories of professional, semi-professional, amateur, youth, veterans and any other organised levels in N.S.W.
- obtain and maintain official recognition of the sport of Gridiron by both the State and Federal Governments.
- arrange competition with any other state or overseas organisation recognised by Gridiron Australia;
- arrange accommodation, uniforms, officials, insurance, travel arrangements and funding for the N.S.W. representative teams travelling interstate and overseas;
- provide financial support for both interstate and overseas teams, officials and coaches and to organise competition matches and coaching tours in the state of N.S.W.;
- arrange and offer clinics, seminars and lectures for the coaching and educating of players, coaches, officials, cheerleaders and medical personnel and any other associated body as the Board of Directors sees fit and to hire and employ personnel for same;
- introduce the sport into the N.S.W. school system by the means of literature, films, guest speakers and controlled games demonstrating Gridiron by N.S.W. teams at the school level to gain official acceptance of the sport by the N.S.W. Department of Education;
- establish criteria for the training and accreditation of officials, referees, coaches, trainers and medical personnel involved in the sport;
- buy equipment and sell, hire or lease equipment used by players, coaches, officials and cheerleaders and other related personnel at prices and standards determined by the Board of Directors;
- subscribe to, become a member of, co-operate with or amalgamate with other association, organisation or group, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are similar to the League.
- conduct or commission research and development for improvements in the sport of gridiron;
- use and protect the Intellectual Property;
- strive for and maintain government, commercial and public recognition of the League as the authority on gridiron in N.S.W.;
- promulgate, and secure uniformity in such Rules as may be necessary for the management and control of gridiron and related activities;
- pursue through itself or others such commercial arrangements, including sponsorship and marketing opportunities, as are appropriate to further the objects of the League;
- maintain and extend the operations and activities of the League throughout N.S.W. and elsewhere;
- promote the health and safety of Members;
- where empowered here in and in the Rules, act as final arbiter on all matters pertaining to the conduct of gridiron in N.S.W., including disciplinary matters;
- formulate or adopt and implement appropriate policies, including in relation to equal opportunity, equity, drugs in sport, health, safety, junior and senior programs, infectious diseases and such other matters as arise from time to time as issues to be addressed in gridiron;
- have regard to the public interest in its operations;
- encourage and promote performance-enhancing drug free competition;
- do all that is reasonably necessary to enable these objects to be achieved and enable Members to receive the benefits which these objects are intended to achieve; and
- undertake and or do all such things or activities which are necessary, incidental or conducive to the advancement of these objects.
Who are Members of Gridiron NSW?
The members of the Gridiron NSW are those metropolitan and regional gridiron associations affiliated with the Gridiron NSW who have met the membership criteria set down by the League
The current members are :
- Bondi Raiders Gridiron Club
- Illawarra Gridiron Inc.
- Penrith City Gridiron Inc.
- Sutherland Shire Gridiron Inc.
- Sydney University Gridiron Club
- University of Technology Gridiron Club
- West Sydney Gridiron Inc
- North Western Predators
- Central Coast Gridiron Club
Each member association is entitled to provide 1 representative on the League council, the body responsible for the appointment of the league executive and other league decisions.